Don't set your limits...go out and find them.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Changes for Mr. Parry's Endurance Challenge 2011

So, I have decided to change things up a bit for Mr. Parry's Endurance Challenge 2011.  The last 2 years I have finished the challenge up with a 24 hour run around my hometown of Stewartville, MN.  I completed 96 and 100.68 miles in 2009 and 2010.  I am proud to have covered that distance and hope to do so again soon, but an interesting thought crossed my mind a couple of weeks ago.  I wanted to come up with a serious challenge...another way to go "all out" and to be able to include as many students and others as possible.

So...on the week of May 23, I will be running 7 marathons in 7 days.  I will start that Monday after school, running a marathon each evening, through Thursday that week.  I am planning on running Friday's marathon during the school day, so I can get by both of the elementary schools in town to run with the kids there again.  Saturday's run will also be during the day.  I will finish up Sunday by running the Med City Marathon in Rochester, MN.

Come join me if you are able!  Run as much or as little as you wish...multiple days are good too!  I am hoping to find some inspiration myself again by running with some people who are challenging themselves.  I would love to run with someone doing their first marathon!

Next, planning on doing the 17 hour treadmill run for the Rochester Area Family Y's Strong Kids Campaign again next summer sometime.  No date picked out for that yet, but hope to have one soon.  See posts below for more information about this worthwhile cause.

No comments: